Terms & Conditions
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between TALES OF LOVE and It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is to do so in writing, and providing the document is signed by all the relevant parties.
2. RESERVATION: Upon your signature, TALES OF LOVE will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation Deposit of %40 is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, death, sickness, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The Reservation Deposit is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The Reservation Deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. The client/s : understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due two weeks before the date of the wedding.
3. CANCELLATION: In the event that the client/s cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract before the wedding ceremony takes place, the deposit will be forfeit. TALES OF LOVE agrees to refund all additional paid money (less expenditures for which receipts will be provided), to the client.
4. PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date in order to finalise the actual shooting times and locations.
5. CREW MEAL: If contracted for 6 hours or more THE CLIENT shall provide a meal for TALES OF LOVE.
6. EVENT GUIDE: The client will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. The photographer will NOT be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s).
7. COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. TALES OF LOVE is not responsible for key individuals failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to TALES OF LOVE. Photographer, Erin Byrne recommends that the client/s designate an “event guide” to point out important individuals to the photographer, whom the client wishes to include in informal or candid photographs.
8. SHOOTING TIME / ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of the client in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. The client/s and TALES OF LOVE agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the ceremony start late due to any reason whatsoever, TALES OF LOVE will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.
9. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. The client/s agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is the client’s responsibility; TALES OF LOVE will offer technical recommendations only.
10. DIGITAL NEGATIVES, PRINTS and COPYRIGHTS: The photographs, digital negatives or prints produced by TALES OF LOVE are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without TALES OF LOVE’s explicit written permission. Upon final payment by the client/s, limited copyright ownership of the resulting images will be transferred to the client/s under the following conditions:
· The digital negatives and/or slides are the property of THE CLIENT for personal use and for the purposes of the reproduction and distribution of photographs to friends and relatives.
· THE CLIENT must obtain written permission from, and compensate TALES OF LOVE prior to an event where THE CLIENT, THE CLIENT’S friends or relatives publish or sell the photographs for profit.
11. MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants TALES OF LOVE and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT hereby releases TALES OF LOVE and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that TALES OF LOVE may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in malls, photography books, photography instructional books, store fronts, window displays, studio display, television advertising, magazine advertising and any other purpose thought proper by TALES OF LOVE
12. EXCLUSIVITY / GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY: It is understood that TALES OF LOVE will act as the sole and exclusive wedding photographer. Because of the fact that flashes from guests cameras may ruin shots taken by TALES OF LOVE, the CLIENT acknowledges that they are responsible for notifying all of their guests that guest photography is not permitted at any time while the professional photographer are in session. TALES OF LOVE suggests that a separate notice be placed in the invitations. The formal photography time is for the exclusive use of TALES OF LOVE to capture the formal wedding portraits. Because of time constraints and the need for subjects to pay full attention to the professional photographer, guest photography cannot be permitted. TALES OF LOVE will allow guests to take snapshots during the processional and recessional, during candid events at the church, and at the altar during the time TALES OF LOVE equipment is being packed up. In return for this consideration TALES OF LOVE insists no other guest photography take place when or where TALES OF LOVE is working. No other guest/photographer using professional equipment will be allowed TALES OF LOVE at any time during the wedding. TALES OF LOVE reserves the right to stop any photographic services paid for and leave the function should any other person take photographs with any professional equipment €“ with the deposit being forfeit.
13. GUEST COOPERATION: THE CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. THE CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, etc.) to provide any needed information and cooperation to the photographer. Coordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography sessions as scheduled. THE CLIENT should share the photography schedule with other service providers to make sure that there is no conflict in times. In addition, events during the wedding day should be planned to make the best use of time from all vendors.
TALES OF LOVE will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be re-taken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. THE CLIENT understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
14. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: No less than 5 weeks After the wedding, TALES OF LOVE will provide the
client/s with a high resolution download link with their images. This download link will contain selected photographs (in a mixture of colour and black and white, (not one of each kind) taken at the event. The client should as soon as possible back up images and/or print images as soon as possible to avoid loss or damage.
TALES OF LOVE does not take responsibility for lost or damages images once delivered to THE CLIENT
15. PAYMENTS: THE CLIENT agrees that a %40 deposit is required to book the wedding and the remaining balance is due once the images has be delivered.
16. FINAL DELIVERY: TALES OF LOVE will deliver the USB and any additional material that may have been ordered and paid for in addition to the original service.
17. PRINTS: TALES OF LOVE does not take responsibility for the print quality of images printed at a one hour lab or the like. TALES OF LOVE recommends the use of a professional photographic lab.18. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL: TALES OF LOVE discovery of new information, changes to agreed circumstances, or other factors which tends to circumvent its policies may result in its withdrawal. Non-cooperation; changes in locations, facilities or available times; missed appointments and late payments are examples of contributing factors. Should “Tales of Love” initiate the withdrawal, all fees will be returned, excluding deposit as well as fair market value for all services/products already provided. In case of withdrawal, €100.00 an hour is charged for all photography services already provided and €50.00 an hour is charged for all other services, consultations and all driving time, rounded up to the nearest half-hour.
19. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative photographer. TALES OF LOVE will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
TALES OF LOVE takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENTS photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond TALES OF LOVEs control, the latters liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
20. NON-GUARANTEE: Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the wedding TALES OF LOVE cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above. TALES OF LOVE will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to guests (or any other) flashes; or any other ruined photographs due to any other cause in or outside of TALES OF LOVE.
21. PERFORMANCE: The performance of this contract on behalf of TALES OF LOVE shall be contingent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or conditions beyond its control.
22. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
23. AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by THE CLIENT and “TALES OF LOVE at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.
24. PROFESSIONAL IMAGE MANIPULATION: TALES OF LOVE will allow for limited professional image manipulation (if technically possible) to images. This includes red eye removal, colour correction, blemish removal. It is understood that if a technicality prevents TALES OF LOVE from performing image manipulation, or if a technicality prevents the final result to meet THE CLIENTS requirement, THE CLIENT will reside with the fact that TALES OF LOVE has performed to its best ability with regard to the specific task and that TALES OF LOVE has no further responsibility towards said image manipulation.
25. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY: THE CLIENT is responsible for making contact with TALES OF LOVE 14 days prior to wedding date,
26. TOTAL FINANCIAL LIABILITY: In ANY CASE of mishap where THE CLIENT is unhappy with the service, product TALES OF LOVE is liable ONLY for the sum paid for by THE CLIENT for the service and/or product